In an effort to promote and acknowledge research, the Council for Learning Disabilities recognizes an outstanding researcher who submits a manuscript-length paper about learning disabilities that is based on a doctoral dissertation completed within the last five years. The award recipient is a guest at the annual international conference. This recipient receives a complimentary registration and CLD membership or renewal. The recipient is also presented with a certificate of recognition and an honorarium at the award program. The recipient will be profiled LD Forum (the CLD newsletter) and the national Web site. Additionally, the recipient’s paper will be submitted for possible publication in Learning Disability Quarterly. For more information on CLD’s Outstanding Researcher Award (ORA), click here. The current deadline for submissions for the ORA is May 1, 2017.
The submission must not be under consideration for or the recipient of another award. Because the paper will be considered for publication in Learning Disability Quarterly, it cannot be simultaneously submitted to or already published in another journal. One electronic copy of the APA-style paper (max. 35 pages in length) should be submitted by the author to:
Dr. Kelli D. Cummings, CLD Research Committee Chair, email@example.com
Submissions cannot be made by a second party on behalf of an author. Each submission should include a cover letter with the following information:
- Degree granting university
- Major advisor
- Year doctoral degree conferred
- Confirmation that the manuscript has not been submitted to or published in another journal The deadline for submission of papers is May 1, 2017.
- The 35-page limit includes the title page, abstract, main document, and references. It does not include tables and figures. Submissions that exceed the page limit will not be reviewed.
- Submissions time stamped after 5:00 PM Pacific on May 1 will not be reviewed. The winner will be notified by August 15, 2017.